Do you want to know how to make soccer goal posts? Whether it’s for a game with friends or just as decoration, making your own goal posts can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. It doesn’t take much time or money either – all you need is some basic building materials, tools, and knowledge.
With this guide, we’ll show you exactly how to construct a sturdy pair of soccer goal posts that will serve their purpose for years to come. So read on and discover the top 6 easy DIY steps in creating your very own soccer goal posts!
How to Make Soccer Goal Posts Quick Guide
Knowing how to make soccer goal posts is the skill you didn’t know you needed! With the steps below and some elbow grease, you can bet you’ll have your own soccer goal in no time!
- Measure the area according to your design
- Choose and gather your materials
- Cut the posts to length
- Assemble the crossbar
- Assemble the goal frame
- Cover the pipes and attach the net
How to Make Soccer Goal Posts: Top 6 Easy DIY Steps
After you learn how to make soccer goal posts, you can have fun practicing and playing games with them! Just remember to take proper safety precautions when playing, and never forget to have fun.
Measure the area according to your design
- Measure and mark the area where your goal posts will be placed.
- Use a tape measure to mark out an 8m by 24m rectangle in the open space you’ve chosen for your goal posts, and then use spray paint or chalk to draw the line clearly.
Choose and gather your materials
- Drive stakes into each corner of your marked area to secure the shape. You can use wooden stakes, metal poles, or any other kind of sturdy material that you have available.
- Make sure they are firmly in place and will not move when you begin constructing your goalposts.
- For this example, we’ll use PVC piping. Build a goal that is 3 meters wide and 2 meters high with a depth of 1.25 meters for stability.
Cut the posts to length
- Cut four pieces of 3-inch PVC piping into 8-foot lengths for the uprights of the goal posts.
- Make sure that the ends are cleanly cut and smooth before attaching them to the stakes you drove into the ground earlier.
Assemble the crossbar
Attach a piece of 2-inch PVC piping horizontally across the top of each goal post, using metal pipe clamps to secure it in place. This will form the crossbar of your goal posts.
Assemble the goal frame
- Attach two pieces of 1-inch PVC piping to the sides of each goal post, forming the sides of your goal posts and creating an 8-foot by 24-foot rectangle in total.
- Use metal pipe clamps again to secure each pipe in place.
Cover the pipes and attach the net
- Cover each PVC pipe with padding or foam for protection. This will make sure that players playing with your goal posts stay safe, especially if they come into contact with the pipes.
- Get some heavy-duty bird netting from a produce store to cover a goal frame.
- To fasten the netting, we suggest using a nylon string wound around the posts and netting.
- After fastening, trim off the excess netting and your task is complete.
- Once you’ve covered the pipes and attached the net, you’re finished – your soccer goal posts are ready to use!
Common Questions About How to Make Soccer Goal Posts
How wide should a goal post be?
The width and depth of the goalposts and crossbar are 12cm, and the distance from the ground to the bottom of the crossbar is 2.44m. The distance between the goalposts is 7.320m, and the width of the goal lines matches the width of the goalposts and crossbar.
Are goal posts made of metal?
A goal is made up of two vertical posts that are the same distance from the corners and are connected at the top by a horizontal crossbar. The goalposts and crossbar are constructed from approved materials such as wood or metal.
They can be square, rectangular, round, or elliptical in shape and are positioned in the middle of each goal line.
Video PVC Soccer Goal for under $150!
Are you looking to build your own soccer goal posts? In this video, you will learn step-by-step how to make soccer goal posts from scratch for under $150.
From gathering the materials, cutting and assembling the frame, and netting it up – you’ll discover everything you need to know in order to create a professional-looking set of goal posts for your backyard or pitch!
You just learned how to make soccer goal posts with these 6 easy DIY steps! Making soccer goal posts is an easy and fun project that can be done in a few hours with the right materials. With some basic tools, some PVC piping, netting, and metal pipes you can create professional-looking football goals for your backyard or sports club, or your boys at home.
Whether you’re doing it yourself or enlisting help from friends and family, building soccer goal posts will give everyone involved a sense of accomplishment when they see their hard work pay off. So grab your supplies today and get to crafting! Who knows – maybe one day those homemade goals could lead to something bigger!